Monday 22 August 2011

Yoo Ninja

It seemed fitting that if I was going to review a platform game then it was only fair I reviewed a really good one and in Yoo Ninja I think I've picked a beauty.

The game sees you controlling a small ninja (as you can see in the screen-
shots) who has to run from one level to the next in a fast paced and action packed game. What sets this apart from most other platform games isn't the frantic pace that rivals Sonic but the method in which you avoid the gaps in the floor (and ceiling). Instead of jumping like you would in a normal platform game you "flip" and start running on the roof.

Wheee!

Whilst this may seem like a simple task, the fact that you are automatically guided through the levels leaves this not as a test of your true platforming ability but of your reactions as some gaps are almost instantly followed by one on the flipside.

With Yoo Ninja you get a frantic and challenging game that will beat you senseless but keep you coming back for more which is the perfect sign that the developers (RunnerGames.Studios) have created a fantastic game. Though it's not just the control method and simplicity that makes it so good but the sharp graphics and excellent backing music add to the pleasure of playing what is simple one of the best games you will find on the Android market!

Addictiveness-9/10 It'll make you cry, it'll make you feel like you suck but you'll come back.
Controls-8/10 Really simple...but really effective.
Graphics-8/10 Wonderful, a real delight to see an Android game remind me of the old 2D platform games of my childhood.
Sounds-8/10 "Ninja" themed backing music, not to everyone's taste but I certainly don't mind it.
Originality-7/10 A huge twist on Platforming games. Quite similar to VVVVVV if you've ever played that.

Total score 40/50

It's not often that I find my only flaw with a game being "it frustrates me like a hot woman who wants to tease me" but that's the feeling I get here. It's beautiful, it's fun, it's addictive, it's challenging and it's one of the most complete Android games you can find on the market. It's life span may not be huge though it's challenging enough to keep you busy.

Game mark A

No comments:

Post a Comment